Spiders are a common sight in Canadian homes and offices. They are most often found in the dark and hidden places including corners of the room, closets, crevices, garages and gardens etc. they create a great nuisance when found indoors. There are hundreds of spider species found around the world. Some species are venomous and their bite can even lead to death.
Spider’s body has two main divisions and four pairs of legs. They produce silk to form their web to catch prey and other insects. They use their venom to paralyze the insect. Though, they rarely bite humans but, some species are highly toxic to humans. We provide a comprehensive range of spider removal and control services in in Burlington, Oakville & Hamilton. Our professionals use their years of expertise in craeting a spider free premises.
Types of spiders found in Canada
- Wolf spiders – Wolf spiders derived their name due to their hunting nature. They don’t form any webs rather they hunt for their prey. These dark brown spiders can be 3 cm in length. They are generally found in grasslands, beaches and gardens. They feed on insects and prefer warm areas.
- Fishing spiders – Fishing spiders appear like wolf spiders but differentiated by the eye pattern. The adult spiders can reach up to 7.5 cm in width. They forage for their prey and are found near the water sources. These spiders carry their egg sac in front thorax under the head.
- Cellar spiders – Cellar spiders have long legs and are fond of cool and damp places. They are also known as “daddy longlegs”. Female spiders can have even 7 cm long legs. These spiders feed on pests and insects.
- House spiders – House spiders are most commonly found in residential areas. They are dirty white or black in color with some marks on their body. They prefer dark places and form their webs under the furniture and dark corners.
- Black Widow spiders – Black widow spiders appear shiny black with a red hourglass-shaped structure beneath the stomach. They spin small, silk web to catch their prey. They are mainly found in the garages, sheds, under rocks or trees.
Common Characteristics of Spiders
- Some spiders are hunters that forage their food
- Generally all spiders contain venom, but only a few are dangerous to humans
- Female spiders can lay up to a hundred eggs in the egg sac
- 2 main body segments: cephalothorax (head and thorax fused) and abdomen
- Most of the spiders live as long as 20 years
- 8 legs
- Prefer dark, hidden and undisturbed areas
- Mainly active at night
- Some species spin silk webs to catch their prey
Spider Control and Extermination Services
We, at Burloak Pest Control, strive to eradicate spiders from your home and businesses. Our spider removal services in Burlington, Oakville & Hamilton commence with complete home inspection. Residual spray is applied on all the potential infested areas to eliminate their infestation. Aerosol is sprayed into the cracks and crevices. There are other specially formulated pesticides used by our professionals to annihilate the spiders. The occupants may need to vacate the area during the treatment procedure.