Ants are an irritant for both residential and commercial settings. There are around 12,000 ants species found worldwide. Ants forage for food so, for residential settings it is crucial to take sensible preventative steps to prevent them entering your home.
We use quality products and effective techniques to prevent ants from overtaking your dwellings in Burlington, Oakville & Hamilton. Our exterminators will inspect the entire place to identify the ant species and treat them accordingly. Our pest control specialists are highly trained and are competent of handling every type of ant species.
Types of Ants
There are mainly three types of ants that include:
- Black or black and red.
- Queens can be 12.7 mm long.
- Workers are 6.35 mm long.
- 6 legs
- The worker ants perform larval care, nest building and food search jobs.
- Fertile males are produced later.
- Queens lay eggs in late spring that hatch in 3 to 4 weeks.
- Larvae feed on excretion from the queen’s salivary gland until the worker ant come out.
- They often form their nest in wood, hollow out sections of trees.
- They prefer moist or damp places.
- Worker ants are in constant search of food. They get attracted towards sweet and high protein foods.
- Queens 3.5 to 6mm long, dark red and winged.
- Males are 3mm long, black and winged.
- Workers are yellow-brown can reach up to 2 mm in size.
- 2 small segments at the pedicel.
- They can be found at any time of the year.
- Winged adults fly rarely. After mating, wings are lost.
- Multi–queen colonies.
- Each queen can produce up to 3500 eggs in its entire lifespan.
- They prefer dark, humid and warm conditions. Thus, they form their nest in heated buildings.
- They feed on high protein foods including meat, fats, dead insect etc.
- Black or dark brown
- 3.175mm long
- 2 nodes on petiole
- 2 spines on the backside
- Grooves on head and thorax
- Thorax uneven with 1 pair of spines
- They prefer warm and heated structures and can be seen any time of the year.
- They are more visible during the spring and summer.
- They are mostly seen around the food sources during the night.
- These ants build colonies in lawns, under the wood, stone or boards and near water sources.
- They can feed on almost anything that humans and pets eat.
Get Rid of Ants Professionally
It is advised to seek professional pest control services for severe ant infestation. We, at Burloak Pest Control, have a team of ant exterminators that employ effective insecticides to get you rid of ant problems.
Our ant infestation removal services include:
- Comprehensive range of effective products for reliable and durable extermination.
- Efficient service providing top-notch safety for your family and pets.
- Home call-out services for both residential and commercial settings in Burlington, Oakville & Hamilton.
Burloak Pest Control professionals hold extensive knowledge about the habits of different ant species and use effective products and treatments to deal with these irritants efficiently.